Wednesday 21 January 2015

New To Goetia A Few Important Questions Please Help

New To Goetia A Few Important Questions Please Help
I've been reading the golden dawn and basic qabalah books for a while now, and recently i started looking at Crowley's LEsser key of solomon. I have a few questions regarding the nature of the conjurations. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1. I've heard alot of people talk about setting ceremonial dates, as to call forth the entities in their proper "house" or degree of zodiac. I am confused as to whether these are specific days, or Zodiac signs attributed to the demon's element. If the demon I wish to evoke is of air, is any time within the zodiac of Aquarius, Libra, Gemini? etc. If not, how do I find the specific day?

2. I know for the most part evoking is external and crowley talks about physical incarnations of these demons, but I've heard some people say the images are just symbolic of their nature. Yet I have I also heard people talking about SEEING these demons, having EXTERNAL conversations with them. I believe magick is subconcious affecting at will, so are these things REALLY incarnating physically? Have you ever SEEN one, not with your third eye, but personally felt the breath of the demon?

3. What is the difference between the 72 demons and the 2nd goetia book containing the Aerial spirits?

posted in
Goetia
- 96 replies