Tuesday 27 January 2015

How Often Should I Pray

How Often Should I Pray

What to pray for? How to pray? Have you ever heard the phrase, "when all else fails, pray"? Is that good advice or bad?

How often do you pray? What circumstances in life cause you to start praying?

Therefore tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Return to me,' declares the LORD Almighty, 'and I will return to you,' says the LORD Almighty. (Zechariah 1:3)

Come near to God and he will come near to you. (James 4:8)

We should be abiding in the Lord at all times. We should pray to Jesus like he's our best friend, and we should be seeking his advice about everything we do. Now, before you email me, am I suggesting that we need to pray to God about whether to order the hamburger or the chicken sandwich at the fast food restaurant? No, because God already said, "For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer. (1 Timothy 4:4-5)

But we should turn to God every time we have an opportunity to rely upon him and to let him guide our path through life.

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. (John 15:1-2)

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. (John 15:4-9)

Today, what can I pray for you about?



Reference: goddesses-and-gods.blogspot.com