Friday 10 October 2014

Losing Weight Is Not Just Wishful Shrinking

Losing Weight Is Not Just Wishful Shrinking
"The once and future beauty queen from the "State of Confusion"

As you can imagine, my 180-pound weight loss experience following a low-carb lifestyle has given me a heart to help others who are suffering in the ugly world of obesity like I once was. It's like you know the answer to the question they've been looking for their entire lives and you want to tell everyone you can about what it can do for them.

I came across this creatively-titled blog named "Wishful Shrinking" recently. The author of the blog who calls herself Psyche (and, no, that's not a joke like we used to go around pulling on each other and then exclaiming "psssssyyyyyyyche!"). She is a five-foot seven-inch, 35-year-old woman who weighed 260 pounds when she started on a journey last month to lose 110 pounds. So far, she's lost 22 pounds (WOO HOO!) and has 88 more to reach her goal. She'd like to eventually lose an additional 15 pounds after that and reach 135 pounds.

She contemplated having weight loss surgery like my friend Beth Badore and her husband did, but Psyche decided to go with Weight Watchers to help her lose the weight instead. Let me be perfectly clear here. You can and will lose weight on virtually any diet program that you can dedicate yourself 100 percent to as a permanent lifestyle change. That's undeniable and I've even proven weight loss can happen with ANY diet.

But the point of any diet is to not only help you lose weight, but to keep you at that new weight long after the "diet" part of it ends. As you know, I don't like calling livin' la vida low-carb a "diet." Diets are temporary, but what I did was start a new lifestyle for me -- the low-carb lifestyle. It was the best program I have ever seen for losing and then maintaining your weight loss. It is not only good for the short-term, but the long-term, too. I fully intend on eating this way for the rest of my life and I've VERY HAPPY about that. No longer will I ever have to live with the heartache and pain of being an obese person. I once thought I was destined to be fat forever because that was my lot in life. Nevermore!

For Psyche, I sincerely hope and pray that the changes she is experiencing in her eating habits can take hold for her for the sake of her physical health. Like I was before losing weight, she is on the verge of some very serious medical complications if this weight does not come off of her. Looking at that picture of her at her blog, I can see the face of a woman which such an exhuberant spirit of optimism that I am confident she will succeed in her weight loss and the beauty queen that's hiding inside of her right now is just waiting to walk the runway of life. One year from now, people will forget how Psyche used to look and she will take on a new persona. It happened to me and it will happen for Psyche, too.

God bless you, Psyche and I wish you all the best in your journey towards weight reduction and better health! You can make a comment for Psyche at her "Wishful Shrinking" blog and let her know "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Man" sent you. :-)