Friday 24 May 2013

My First Drum Circle

My First Drum Circle
Hello again everyone.

First I'd like to say I've been enjoying writing down my experiences and seeing some comments being made. I really only post this for my own records because I don't trust a journal in my house at the moment, and I figured, why not post it online for like minded individuals? Right? Exactly.

Second, Merry Yule and bright blessings to you and yours. I believe I celebrated Yule about 3x this year... and this being my first year I would say I have a good understanding of how the ritual goes. All 3 were different and yet the same, which brings me closer to the understanding that spells, rituals, etc. can be different and have the same intent and therefore similar results. Kinda nice seeing that come together.

And third, my first drum circle. It was completely last minute when my friend had asked me if I would like to join and I agreed to. I woke up with a huge headache that day, she says I was hung over but eh, to each there own. That headache would not go away! I took aspirin, ate greasyish food, drank tons of water, nothing. Thought I was going to be sluggish and in pain for this event, but I wanted to go and thus I was willing to deal with it. Upon arriving to the studio there was a nice little shop my friend wanted to go in and thus we went inside. I found an altar broom in the clearance section for 7 and I believe the original price on it was 30. I also found 4 black mini candles for 1. Again sold.

After that spree, we went to the studio and I was as always nervous. I get shy around people I don't know and kind of cling to the person I do know. I am a total kid ha. Anyway, so they happened to come into a break and we ate, socialized, etc. Then it started up again. At first I was playing my friend's tri bell instrument and was just adding in to what I thought could be a good backup instrument to the drums. After a while I got bored of it, even though I liked it, and the runner of the operation let me use one of his various drums that he hand makes. It was awesome. I got really into it after that and just let music bring me peace. It made me relaxed and I didn't even notice my head hurting anymore. Between the bells and the drums, it was gone and it didn't come back. After some time there was another Yule ceremony with an actual log and three candles lit, one for the God, one for the Goddess, and one for death/rebirth. Then the drum playing continued.

This went on for a few more hours but after a while I was getting exhausted. I guess putting all my energy into playing took its course after a while but it was nice to bond with people I don't know and to just relax, especially after organizing ads at my job for the holiday rush for a few weeks. Weekends are never long enough.

Origin: way-of-witch.blogspot.com