Tuesday 31 January 2012

Where Do You Draw A Line

Where Do You Draw A Line
I am sad today. I am losing my friend. I've lost too many friends. Air Witch says I've turned to a dark path. She's being having health problems and I was doing healing spells for her. She's asked me to stop, as if my energy is tainted and whatever I touch cannot be pure or good. That makes me angry. And very, very sad.

Air Witch is extremely uncomfortable with ghosts, spirits, and anything else that lies beyond the veil. I don't quite see it that way. I think if you fear death then you also fear life. I see the world in terms of cycles, beginning and endings. Some seeds need the cold of winter or they won't bloom in spring.

A few years ago, I was called to work with bones. I resisted at first. I don't think I could actually harvest a bone. All the bones I have are found. I can deal with a bone bleached by the sun, washed by the rain. I hold bones and feel the life that they once contained. Bones have much to say.

I began working with Oya, Goddess of cemeteries, the marketplace, storms, and beautiful cloth. All the things I work with anyway, save for the cemetery. That came later.

When I go to a cemetery, I ask Oya's permission to enter. I bring Her an offering. I listen to the bones. I might make rubbings of tombstones, but that's it. I don't cast spells, petition the dead, curse, hex, or anything else. I go in, touch the energy and leave.

Air Witch says this is satanic. I can't believe her thinking on this. I don't even believe in the devil. I would never hurt anyone. I cannot stand to see an animal suffer. Air Witch thinks dark things can follow me home, then there will be dark forces in my life.

I work several different kinds of magick. I view them all as separate. I touch ley lines. I hear the bones. I work with angels. I like runes. I use knot magick. I burn candles. I get in the kitchen with my herbs. If I light a candle does it matter if that spell came from a HooDoo source or a Wiccan source? If the spell is just lighting a candle and chanting, is there really a difference? At what point exactly, does magick become black?

Am I going dark? Because I don't think I am.