Thursday 16 September 2010

Pagan And Wiccan And Witch Oh My

Pagan And Wiccan And Witch Oh My
In the future I start feat the observations, I yearn for to decipher some of the language I use on this blog. I be careful to use the words "Pagan, Wiccan" and "Witch" interchangeably, but you ought to know they do not all mean the same thing. I in basic terms use them that way equally they all turn up to mistreat to me. In the past introduce is thorough balk about what these words mean, allow me to means of access how I interpret their definitions.

Pagan is an umbrella public figure. It is not one religion, but a group of religions. Paganism includes multiple faiths, related Wicca, Druidry, Celtic Reconstructionism, etc.

Wicca is a specific religion characterized by a belief in a Idol and God, and duty to the Wiccan Rede. It can be considered a usefulness of Paganism.

Witchcraft is a set of practices concerning the use of magick to start be in motion in one's life. Witches cast spells and work with the four sort elements.

A lot of family reason Wicca to be a religion and Witchcraft to be an art and science. I subscribe to that school of deliberation. Several Witches are Wiccans. Several Wiccans are Witches. You can be one or the other, or you can be moreover. If you are a Wiccan or a Witch, you are furthermore as a reflex action a Pagan.

In connection with, all three language are capitalized, for the same rationalization "Christianity" and "Catholicism" are.

I furthermore yearn for to say that I reason Catholicism to be a usefulness of Christianity. Offer are various family who do not. I don't really understand why. A Christian is a creature who believes in Jesus Christ, austere and simple, and no one can say that Catholics don't fall hip that category!

Credit: just-wicca.blogspot.com