Monday 23 February 2015

My Personal Challenges

My Personal Challenges

Dreams:

All night long I dreamt of Addie. To some extent I relived the experiences of the past with her. I find that I have no compassion for her-I have no positive feelings for her, this rather frightens me. As a rule, I can find a part of myself that can try and understand where the other person is coming from. But right now, there is no part of me that can understand, truly understand her except intellectually. I saw the goddess's who "overshadow" her-she is Hera and Diana. I do not understand Hera -it is hard to see that in my psyche. The message to me is to try and write this out so I can understand her. Which is what I am doing.

Spell for a friend:


With a sapphire ring (reference Silver Ravenwolf again)-I used an old sapphire ring because sapphires are "my stone".

Moon shine for me


Gem do your work

Find a kindred friend who is not a jerk


No one is perfect this I know

Help us both to learn and grow


With love, joy and dignity

As I will, so mote it be.

Daily Corresponding event:


1) Read an article on happiness, happiness includes forgiveness and in my dream I can't seem to forgive. I did a spell for success. Apparently, you need to be happy BEFORE you can succeed. And I am having trouble with forgiveness which is part of happiness. I think happiness has to do with faith.

2) Tim and I are arguing, an unresolved related issue.

3) Am new in towne AGAIN, so I decided to try a spell for a kindred friend (above spell).

4) One thing I am "jealous" of Addie. To me, jealousy is a challenge in regards to what you wish for yourself. For example, if you are jealous of someone's beauty, then you need to look at why you don't feel beautiful and change what needs to be changed. Jealousy is a challenge and could be why I can't forgive her or understand her.

5) Addie is a "fighter"(the Diana in her psyche), my way of dealing with someone I do not like in my reality is to simply "cut them out" as much as possible-rid them from my life. Indeed, she "gets off" on fighting people. Addie is also very Machiavellian-she will do whatever it takes, no matter what the cost. I can fight, "the good fight", but my way is very different. Addie is "not going away". She is very present force in my life. The first thing I must do in my "fight", is to rid her from my life in my mind's eye. Forgive her, try to understand her, get over my jealousy, lessen her hold on me. Jealousy, anger etc give the other person too much power over me. The less emotion I feel about her, the less her power and the smarter my decisions and reactions in regards to her.

Philosophy:


One thing about spells is that they many times "counter attack". Whatever is happening in your life that is preventing you from having what you cast the spell for, "comes out to play with you". Suddenly, my trouble with forgiveness is in my dreams-all night long. And an unresolved issue with my significant other as well. Forgiveness is for you and not the other person. If you forgive them, then they lessen their power on your life. So, if you cast a spell for happiness, you are going to find out what is making you "unhappy", and face that down within your own psyche. Forgiving does not mean that you associate with the person again-although it can. Forgiving means that your anger or rage is gone towards them.

Philosophy on "overshadowing":


Based on the book, "Goddess's in Every Woman" by Jean Bolen, the idea is that we are essentially X amount of women in our society. This idea is based upon the Jungian idea of archetypes. For example, a woman who has a lot of Aphrodite in her, will date a lot of men, she is the personification of love and sex. Hera, the wife-but a betrayed wife, is a "woman scorned". Every God and Goddess has both "good sides" and "challenges" to overcome. Hera is the woman scorned challenge, the wife of Zues-he cheats on her all the time. There are Greek, Roman, Irish etc. god and goddess archetypes, most women (and men) are two. These are called pantheons. Our sense of fashion is part of that. What we were is reflective of which "goddess" we chose. For me this is one "crucial" part of a being wiccan, the different gods and goddess's that overshadow us. Wicca takes this into account, and most other religions do not. It is a useful way to try and understand someone and where they are coming from.