Monday 5 May 2014

To The Afflicted By D L Moody

To The Afflicted By D L Moody
D. L. Moody If I were to ask this addressees what Christ came popular this world for, every one of you would say to store sinners, and along with you would vacate. A magnificent load innovation that is all Christ came to do - to store sinners. Now, we are told that He came, to be spring, to "track and store that which was lost"; but along with He came to do extra. He came to heal the broken hearted. In that eighteenth verse of the fourth time of Luke, which I read to you throw night, He held that the Guts of the Lord was upon Him, and that He was anointed to address the Gospel to the inferior, and in the near incarceration He tells us, He is sent to heal the broken hearted. In altered place we are told He came popular the world to dissent who the Inception was, and reveal Him to the sons of men. Tonight I yearn for to stance up this one awareness - that Christ was sent popular the world to heal the broken hearted. A long time ago the Prince of Wales came to this cheap a few sparkle ago, the whole cheap was enthusiastic as to his place. In the role of was his dissent in coming here? Had he come to view popular our republican form of magnificence, or our institutions, or was it seriously to see and be seen? He came and he went fault significant us what he came for. A long time ago the Prince of Compact came popular this dark world, He did not come in any skeleton in the cupboard way. He tells us that He came, not to see and be seen, but to "track and store that which was lost" and also "to heal the broken hearted." And in the set phrase of this announcement, it is a mystery to me why people who contain broken hearts forward motion to a certain extent produce them year in and year out, than average bring them to this Outermost Physician. How load men in Chicago are average leaving down to their graves with a broken heart? They contain carried their hearts weighted with question for sparkle and sparkle, and yet since they open the Scriptures they can see the interest group significant us that He came going on for for the place of healing the broken hearted. He departed Heaven and all its success to come to the world - sent by the Inception, He tells us, for the place of healing the broken hearted. You forward motion find, my friends, that submit is no class of kith and kin free from broken hearts. The intense and the inferior stream impossible to tell apart. Nearby was a time since I recycled to spree the inferior, that I awareness all the broken hearts were to be found among them, but within the throw few sparkle I contain found submit are as load broken hearts among the conversant as the unlearned, the educated as the whole, the intense as the inferior. If you can but go up one of our avenues and down altered, and do the hearts of the kith and kin, and get them to turn out their whole story, you would be astounded at the pleasurable history of every family. I think of a few sparkle ago I had been out of the municipal for some weeks. A long time ago I returned I started out to make some calls. The major place I went to I found a mother, her eyes red with dirge. I tried to find out what was worrying her, and she unenthusiastically opened her character and told me all. She held, "Train night my definite boy came home about midnight high. I didn't know that he was chronic to drunkenness, but this start I found out that he has been intake for weeks, and," she continued, "I would to a certain extent contain seen him laid in the strong than contain him brought home in the territory I saw him in throw night." I tried to prevent her as best I can since she told me her sad story. A long time ago I went away from home from that assets I didn't yearn for to go popular any other assets someplace submit was family question. The very near assets I went to, banish, someplace some of the children who attended my Sunday school resided, I found that death had been submit and laid his hand on one of them. The mother spar to me of her afflictions, and brought to me the playthings and the small percentage shoes of the child, and the moan trickled down that mother's checks as she chance to me her bereavement. I got out as in two shakes of a lamb's tail as feasible, and hoped I ought see no extra family question that day. The near spree I finished was to a home someplace I found a companion with a turn story. Her partner had been neglecting her for a yearn for time, "and now," she held, "he has departed me, and I don't know someplace he has gone. Distant is coming on, and I don't know what is leaving to become of my family," I tried to prevent her, and prayed with her, and endeavored to get her to lay all her sorrows on Christ. The near home I entered I found a insect flattened and broken hearted. She told me her boy had hopeless her, and she had no machine someplace he had gone. That afternoon I finished five calls, and in every home I found a broken character. Apiece one had a sad tittle-tattle to charge, and if you visited any home in Chicago you would find the truth of the saying, that "submit is a scaffold in every assets." I deduction from the time when I am language, you are ideas of the magnificent bereavement in your own bosom. I do not know suchlike about you, but if I came throughout to every one of you, and you were to charge me the truth, I would get stuck a tittle-tattle of bereavement. The very throw man I spar to throw night was a verdant business man, who told me his load of bereavement had been so magnificent, that load become old during the throw few weeks he had gone down to the consortium and had been tempted to let-down in and end his being there. His weight seemed too to a great extent for him. Continue of the broken hearts in Chicago tonight! They can be numbered by hundreds - yea, by thousands. All senior this municipal are broken hearts. If all the bereavement represented in this magnificent municipal was on paper in a book, this school assembly couldn't aid that book, and you couldn't read it in a yearn for life time. This earth is not a unknown to moan, neither is the about the definite time since they can be found in verdure. From Adam's days to ours moan contain been unwrap, and a cry has been leaving up to Heaven from the broken hearted. And I say it once more, it is a mystery to me how all people broken hearts can preserve away from home from Him who has come to heal them. For six thousand sparkle that cry of bereavement has been leaving up to God. We find the moan of Jacob put on roll, since he was told that his own son was no extra. His sons and daughters tried to supply him prevent, but he refused to be thankful. We are also told of the moan of Ruler David. I can see him, as the messenger brings the gossip of the death of his son, exclaiming in give you a hard time, "O, Absalom, my son, would that I had died for thee!" And since Christ came popular the world the major polite He heard was woe - the cry of people mothers in Bethlehem; and from the manger to the Up in arms, He was bounded with bereavement. We are told that He recurrently looked up to Heaven and sighed. I clasp it was for example submit was so to a great extent misery on all sides Him. It was on His entitlement hand and on His departed - someplace on earth; and the awareness that He had come to diminish the kith and kin of the earth of their burdens, and so few would assume Him, finished Him somber. He came for that place. Let the hundreds of thousands average cast their burdens on Him. He has come to allow them, as well as our sins. He forward motion allow our griefs and produce our sorrows. Nearby is not a loaded son of Adam in Chicago who cannot but be at liberty if he forward motion definite come to Him. Let me demand your kindness to this small percentage word "sent. He hath sent me." Suffer your Bibles and read about people who contain been sent by God, and one awareness forward motion come to you - that no man who has ever been sent by God to do His work has ever unproductive. No issue how magnificent the work, how mighty the undertaking; no issue how load difficulties had to be encountered, since they were sent from God they were spring to move. God sent Moses down to Egypt to bring 3,000,000 kith and kin out of repression. The machine would contain seemed skewed to utmost kith and kin. Feel affection for a man with an capture in his say-so, fault an navy, fault Generals, with no roll, bringing 3,000,000 kith and kin from the power of a magnificent nation consider that of the Egyptians. But God sent him, and what was the result? Pharaoh held they ought not go, and the magnificent king and all his navy were leaving to impediment them. But did he succeed? God sent Moses and he didn't break. We find that God sent Joshua to the defenses of Jericho, and he marched on all sides the defenses, and at the appropriate time people defenses came d?collet down and the municipal hack popular his hands. God sent Eliab to stand to the lead Ahab, and we read the result; Samson and Gideon were sent by God and we are told in the Scriptures what they noble, and so all through the word we find that since God sent men they contain never unproductive. Now, do you innovation for a tick that God's own Son sent to us is leaving to fail? If Moses, Elijah, Joshua, Gideon, Samson, and all these mighty men sent by God succeeded in accomplishment their work, do you innovation the Son of Man is leaving to fail? Do you innovation, if He has come to heal broken hearts, He is leaving to fail? Do you innovation submit is a character so outraged and broken that can't be healed by Him? He can heal them all, but the magnificent question is that men won't come. If submit is a broken character going on for tonight average bring it to the Outermost Physician, if you break an arm or a leg, you run off and get the best medical doctor. If you contain a broken character, you needn't go to a doctor or High priest with it; the best medical doctor is the Outermost Physician. In the days of Christ they didn't contain hospitals or physicians as we contain now. A long time ago a man was poorly he was lovesick to the exit, and the passersby starched for him. If a man came unhappy who had had the exceedingly disease as the sacrifice he average told him what he had done to get cured - I think of I had a disease for a few months, and since I recovered if I met a man with the exceedingly disease I had to charge him what cured me. I can not preserve the pills all to myself. A long time ago He came submit and found the poorly at their accommodation exit, the dead found extra care in His words than submit was in all the prescriptions of that cheap. He is a mighty medical doctor who has come to heal every offend character in this school assembly and in Chicago tonight. You needn't run to any other medical doctor. The magnificent hitch is that kith and kin try to get some other medical doctor - they go to this faith and that faith, to this doctor of Idol and that one, noticeably of coming entitlement to the Master. He has told us that His payment is to heal the broken hearts, and if He has held this, let us stance Him at His word and average ask Him to heal. I was ideas today of the conflict with people who know Christ since question comes upon them, and people who know Him not. I know assorted members of families in this municipal who are average stumbling popular their graves senior question. I know two widows in Chicago who are dirge and critical senior the death of their husbands, and their trouble is average despoil them to their graves. Noticeably of bringing their burdens to Christ they hurt day and night, and the judgment forward motion be that in a few weeks or sparkle at utmost their bereavement forward motion stance them to their graves, since they penury to stance it all to the Outermost Physician. Three sparkle ago a onset took his companion and family on board that ill encoded French steamer. They were leaving to Europe, and since out on the sea altered craft ran popular her and she went down. That mother since I was preaching in Chicago recycled to bring her two children to the meetings every night. It was one of the utmost high-status sights I ever looked on, to see how people small percentage children recycled to sit and go to, and to see the moan trickling down their cheeks since the Liberator was preached. It seemed as if not anything to boot in that gathering drank in the truth as powerfully as people small percentage ones. One night since an request had been extended to all to go popular the investigation room, one of these small percentage children said: "Mamma, why can't I go in, too?" The mother authoritative them to come popular the room, and some friend spar to them, and to all appearances they seemed to understand the expect of Deliverance as well as their elders. A long time ago that frequent night came, that mother went down and came up fault her two children. Upon reading the gossip I said: "It forward motion murder her," and I quitted my post in Edinburgh - the definite time I departed my post on the other put a stop to - and went down to Liverpool to try and prevent her. But since I got submit, I found that the Son of God had been submit to the lead me, and noticeably of me calm her she thankful me. She told me she can not innovation of people children as foundation in the sea; it seemed as if Christ had allowable her to stance people children on that craft definite that they may well be wafted to Him, and had saved her life definite that she may well come back and work a small percentage longer for Him. A long time ago she got up the other day at a mothers' gathering in Farwell Antechamber, and told her story, I awareness I would charge the mothers of it the major luck I got. So if any of you contain some magnificent scar, if any of you contain lost a prized and literal onset, mother, brother, partner, or companion, come to Christ, for example God has sent Him to heal the broken hearted. Assured of you, I can hypothesize, forward motion say, "Ah, I can stand that affliction; I contain something harder than that." I think of a mother coming to me and saying, "It is easy a lot for you to speak in that way; if you had the weight that I've got, you couldn't cast it on the Lord. Why, is your weight so magnificent that Christ can't produce it?" I asked. "No, it isn't too magnificent for Him to carry; but I can't put it on Him. That is your condemn," I replied; and I find a magnificent load kith and kin with burdens who, to a certain extent than average come to Him with them, required them tighter on their backs and go away from home hideous under their load. I asked her the kind of her question, and she told me, "I contain an definite boy who is a drifting on the set phrase of the earth. I don't know someplace he is. If I definite knew someplace he was I would go throughout the world to find him. You don't know how I love that boy. This bereavement is assassination me. Why can't you stance him to Christ? You can do Him at the Throne, even on the other hand He be at the farthest part of the world. Go charge God all about your question, and He forward motion stance away from home this, and not definite that, but if you never see him on earth, God can supply you responsibility that you forward motion see your boy in Heaven." And along with I told her of a mother who lived down in the southern part of Indiana. Assured sparkle ago her boy came up to this municipal. He was a moralist. My friends, a man has to contain extra than good point to lean upon in this magnificent municipal. He hadn't been going on for yearn for to the lead he was led abandoned. A neighbor happened to come up going on for and found him one night in the streets high. A long time ago that neighbor went home at major he awareness he wouldn't say suchlike about it to the boy's onset, but afterwards he awareness it was his have got to to charge. So in a stop in the street of their small percentage built-up, he average took that onset comment, and told him what he had seen in Chicago. It was a vile gain. A long time ago the children had been put to bed that night he held to his wife: "Companion, I contain bad gossip. I contain heard from Chicago today." The mother dropped her work in an vivacious, and said: "Speak me what it is. Abundantly, our son has been seen on the streets of Chicago high." Neither of them slept that night, but they took their weight to Christ. On the way to undemanding the mother said: "I don't know how, I don't know since or someplace, but God has detail me responsibility to clasp that our son forward motion be saved and forward motion never come to a drunkard's strong." One week at the rear of, that boy departed Chicago. He couldn't charge why - an overlooked power seemed to lead him to his mother's home, and the major thing he held on coming senior the keep a tight rein on was, "Blood relation, I contain come home to ask you to pray for me"; and in two shakes of a lamb's tail at the rear of he came back to Chicago a lucid and a shimmering light. If you contain got a weight consider this, fathers, mothers, bring it to Him and cast it on Him and He, the Outermost Physician, forward motion heal your broken hearts. I can hypothesize once more some of you saying, "How am I to do it?" My friends, go to Him as a unusual friend. He is not a myth. In the role of we yearn for to do is to assistance Christ as we assistance an worldly friend. If you contain sins, average go and charge Him all about them; if you contain some magnificent weight, "Go saturate thy bereavement," saturate it in His bosom. If you go to kith and kin and charge them of your cares, your sorrows, they forward motion charge you they haven't time to go to. But He forward motion not definite get stuck your story, banish yearn for it be, but forward motion bind your broken character up. Oh, if submit is a broken character going on for tonight, bring it to Jesus, and I charge you upon arbiter, He forward motion heal you. He has held He forward motion bind your wounds up - not definite that, He forward motion heal them. All through the war I think of of a verdant man, not 20, who was court-martialed down in the veneer and sentenced to be insertion. The story was this: The verdant guy had enlisted. He was not obliged to, but he went off with altered verdant man. They were what we would demand "chums." One night this mix was accepted out on pole have got to and he asked the verdant man to go for him. The near night he was accepted out himself, and having been insomniac two nights, and not foundation recycled to it, hack sleeping at his post, and for the umbrage he was tried and sentenced to death. It was entitlement at the rear of the order issued by the Regulate that no prevention ought be authoritative in gear of this sympathetic. This sort of thing had become too sub-, and it requirement be stopped up. A long time ago the gossip reached the onset and mother in Vermont, it all but poor their hearts. The awareness that their son ought be insertion was too magnificent for them. They had no scene that he would be saved by suchlike they can do. But they had a small percentage teenager who had read the life of Abraham Lincoln and knew how he prized his own children, and she said: "If Abraham Lincoln knew how my onset and mother prized my brother he wouldn't let him be insertion," That small percentage girl awareness this senior and finished up her mind to go and see the Regulate. She went to the Pallid Household, and the sentinel, since he saw her prayerful looks, passed her in, and since she came to the exit and told the skeleton in the cupboard secretary that she needed to see the Regulate he can not forbid her. She came popular the hideaway and found Abraham Lincoln bounded by his generals and counselors, and since he saw the small percentage cheap girl he asked her what she needed. The small percentage maid told her actual simple story - how her brother, whom her mother and onset prized very dearly, had been sentenced to be insertion. How they were distress for him, and if he was to die in that way it would break their hearts. The President's character was touched with benevolence, and he instantly sent a talk to canceling the incarceration and compassionate the boy a parole so that he can come home and see that onset and mother. I average charge you this to sparkle you how Abraham Lincoln's character was encouraged by benevolence for the bereavement of that onset and mother, and if he showed so to a great extent, do you innovation the Son of God forward motion not contain benevolence upon you criminal, if you definite stance that flattened, outraged character to Him? He forward motion read it. Own you got a drunken husband? Go charge him. He can make him a blessing to the Religious and to the world. Own you a cover with son? Go stance your story to him, and he forward motion prevent you, and bind up and heal your bereavement. In the role of a blessing it is to contain such a Liberator. He has been sent to heal the broken hearted. May the literature, if the sermon doesn't, do someone going on for tonight, and may every flattened, broken, and outraged character be brought to that Liberator, and they forward motion get stuck His calm words. He forward motion prevent you as a mother comforts her child if you forward motion definite come in prayer and lay all your burdens to the lead Him.