Saturday 22 February 2014

My Teacher Passed Away And Left Me Her Belongings Related To The Craft

My Teacher Passed Away And Left Me Her Belongings Related To The Craft
"My teacher, a Wiccan high priestess, passed over in 2010. She specifically willed to me all of her belongings related to the Craft, including her wand, staff, healing stones, alter materials, and books. I've been given conflicting information about what I can or cannot do with them and whether or not I can use them myself. I do have a sense of being closer to her when I do handle the items, but I do not want to do anything that would be disrespectful to The Goddess or to my teacher and her memory. I also have a small amount of her ashes that were given to me. I would like to get a nice container for them and have them nearby. Would it be appropriate to put them on my own alter or should I create a separate alter dedicated to her? I am not finding a lot of information out there on these particular circumstances, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! -Laura" Blessings, Laura, It's usually recommended to not use another witch's crafts. Especially ritual tools and spell items. Every person has a distinctive energy mark, or stamp. And they stamp everything they touch and use. Sometimes you can cleanse items to completely rid and wash off these stamps, but this is usually more difficult for items belonging to High Priest/esses and items that are old. So I would recommend that you do not use them - the intentions you use them for might be taken over by the intentions of the item and take over your intent and purpose of the ritual or spell. The same goes with her ashes being placed on your altar. I would recommend, if you just want a reminder of her honor, to create a small altar or shrine in her memory. Preferably in a different room or area of your own altar. Perhaps outside around or near a tree or garden. The only time you should use her items is during a communing ritual with her. Nothing is stronger and best used than personal items (and even better, ashes) of the person you're trying to commune with. The only thing you should use of hers are her books. Though they still have her energy stamp on them, you're not using them for ritualistic purposes, so their energies won't get in the way or clash with yours. Blessed Be,Sage

Reference: just-wicca.blogspot.com