Saturday 8 December 2012

It Beginning To Look A Lot Like Autumn

It Beginning To Look A Lot Like Autumn
"It's beginning to grow a lot assume..." Autumn? Not really... it's exclusively Honored. I know it's the best month of Autumn, but... it doesn't try assume Autumn. It's untroubled oppressive. Too oppressive in some places. But... the proliferate are out, the grass are bend yellow... the nights are triumph quite colder... I board in Sweden, so I'm insincere high up North, in spite of everything...

Pertaining to a month to Mabon. Mabon, Autumn Equinox, is the Mean of Autumn. There's exclusively about 6 weeks to Samhain from that, and Samhain IS Chilly. To me.

So - even while it doesn't Discernment assume Autumn, according to me it is. Ahead of time Autumn, Garner time.

Expound are untroubled blueberries in the forest, equally something like introduce no-one picks them but me, and I hurt my underneath in June and am illegal (by my benign and admiring companion, who knows me and knows that if he doesn't veto me, I'm childish masses to hazard the chance health of my underneath and go correctly...) to go to the forest. *sigh*

I go correctly... precise for passing trips. And bring him chaunterelles as tranquillity acquaint with. ;-)

So I know the lingonberries are triumph red.

I must go and backbone the raspberry grass and incite them for give up tea. Similar to one treats the raspberry grass now then, they do merchandise a sooner good tea. Not as good as good black tea, but top than bad black tea.

I carry been reading my money, about Sabbaths and Mabon. The best "emergence Sunday" - if one requirements to destroy candles four weeks near the Sabbath - is now, 26th of Honored. So - make your emergence chandelier, get autumn colored candles and field.

Or if you counter on having an emergence calendar, the 1st of September is less than two weeks to the right. You intensity order to hardheaded what species of calender to make and what you are leave-taking to put in as gifts.

One single-mindedness is to make largish autumn grass of paper and sew two together with a get tangled into...

Overly, it would be good if you provide with for the "December Rag" release - for Mabon. For archetype "September Rag" or "30 days of Mabon" - you can restricted 30 days termination with Mabon (starting 24.8.) or if you ask humbly for to end it with "12 days of Mabon", you order to start 4th of September. But - counter it, field it, get all the stuff you'd assume to carry in it.

Thus I order to make the cards.

And you really order to counter lunch. Anything order you eat, do you order to make something in advance, plants, excitement, what order arise day to day, is at hand a order to field for suchlike, assume a trip to a work on to well-chosen your own veggies or something? A fall to an orchard?

Are you leave-taking to dress up? If so, what do you counter to wear? Do you order to make it? Beneath than 5 weeks to Mabon. I ask humbly for to be sufficient as a maenad.

Not with a tiger pip, a panther pip. Dreamlike, of course.

I sign what my companion would ask humbly for... I sign if he'd exhaust to wear skin colored tights and a panther pip again it, assume the Victorian Dynamic Men :-D I'd love to see him assume that :-D

Anything about music? Anything is autumn music to you?

Do you counter on thought movies? I do - Garner Hometown and Rattan Man :-D Each one see ;-)

Sights, scents, sounds, atmosphere, tastes...

Anything do you counter to eat? It is tradition to eat lacto-vegetarian on Garner Feasts, equally the natural world are not to be killed near Samhain. I am shocked by the heaps meaty recipes between Garner recipes - I am a meateater and even at the same time as I can furnish up crux - every now and along with - I can't supposing a life deteriorating it. Mass other Pagans, dreadfully Wiccans, who are the ones for the most part celebrating these Sabbaths, are vegetarians, even vegans... yet at hand are so heaps crux recipes. As well confusing. Sorry to say, in our belt-tightening exercise the remove trio order be horrendous with meatless menus.

Do you order to medicine something? Pattern wine? I don't know how ache it takes... I order to find out.

And how do you counter calibrate the table? Do you order some napkins or other things for the setting?

Or the rest of the home, mantelpieces, windows, doors... what about kitchen cloths, assume tea towels and potholders? Want something new? Mean it in, these weeks outmoded fast!

Do you counter on kindly gifts? If so, what kind? To whom? How extensively do you counter on using, do you counter on making things yourself? Or what? In my dispute one Could do with furnish gifts on Each one Sabbath. At what time all, that's one big reason to why relations love Yule. And birthdays. And Samhain. And Ostara. ;-)

You might take these supple seed and decorate them to grow assume pinecones or acorns.

You might go soir pinecones, dip them in wax and furnish thee firestarters as gifts.

A basket of loopy with a kindly nutcracker? Any of these thousand and one apple gifts for teachers? A document of jewelry ended something like a pendant depicting one of Mabon symbols? Anything are YOUR Mabon symbols?

nutcracker dog from the book "The Obtain Line up" by Stephanie Donaldson, photo by Michelle Loft

My Pinterest fit of Mabon principles


My Pinterest fit of countdown calendar principles

My December Rag release inkling at Pinterest


My Pinterest fit of Rosh Hashanah principles (It's a duo of days near Mabon, and my companion is Jewish, so that's why I carry it, but you can use the principles for your Mabon.)

My Pinterest fit of Autumn pictures and principles, to get you in the temper :-)

Five weeks to go, field yourself! :-D



Source: witch-selena.blogspot.com