Saturday 31 March 2012

Youth Pastor Dirk Jackson Sentenced

Youth Pastor Dirk Jackson Sentenced
I like closing these cases. Former youth pastor Dirk Jackson was sentenced to 41 months in prison for the sexual abuse of a 6th grade student. The victim, who is now 21, said, "I don't want him doing the tings he did to me to an child." Jackson is a Baptist.

"When Jackson, a 32-year-old father of two young children, got his turn to address the court, he told Mills, "I want you to know that I am very sorry. I understand the profound gravity of what I've done."

"In the years since his abuse of the victim when she attended Manchester Christian Academy - which included having her perform oral sex on him - Jackson said he has "tried to live a life that is right and honorable."

"Several people, including Jackson's wife, Ashley, spoke in support of him and asked for leniency in sentencing. They said he is remorseful over what he did, and they sought to assure Mills that Jackson would not rfend after he serves his time."

"SOURCE: Former youth pastor gets 41-month sentence for abuse of student "

Jackson was the youth pastor at First Baptist Church in Port Orchard. He was popular and supported by his family and community. Jamie Greening, writing at the Pastor Greenbean blog, had this to say.

"It is important that we pray for the victim. She was a young, impressionable, and vulnerable girl when these things happened and I cannot fathom her emotional and spiritual trauma from this event. As I have spoken and written about before; I hurt for her very much. We must pray that the Lord will provide a way for healing in her life."

It refreshing to see a pastor talk about abuse, the victim, and his church. I scoff at the idea of prayer helping the victim. Prayer is easy. It's doing the right thing that is hard.

Pastor Greenbean's blog is all about the future. It's a healthily approach to this situation. I'd like to know what they will do to prevent abuse in the future. Technorati Tags: Clergy Sexual abuse,Baptists

Related Articles


* Youth pastor Dirk Jackson pleaded guilty (mojoey.blogspot.com)
* Dirk Jackson Update (Pastor Greenbean Blog)
* The Sunday After Dirk Jackson (Pastor Greenbean Blog)
* Former youth pastor gets 41-month sentence for abuse of student (pnwlocalnews.com)