Friday 22 April 2011

The Natural Witch Familiars

The Natural Witch Familiars
To me it was always natural to be able to communicate with the things around me. I grew up in the woods with a herd of horses as my guide. Through observation I understood very well what the horses were telling each other and saw the "thought pictures" they projected in their minds. So my training in magick begins here... as a horse whisperer.

Unrealized by me at the time, there has always been a familiar in my life. A friend, guardian, who found me. They have been pony, horse, cat, and the latest a dog. I also believe they are the same lifeforce in all those different forms. I don't know if it is a trait of the creature, but they all seem to have an irrasible personality with a higher intellegence. Another notable fact is they always came in a form that would fit in with my life at the time... so when my horse friend died suddenly, unknown to me at the time, there was change on the wind when he came back to me in cat form! The apartment I ended up moving to had only room for a cat.

These creatures, while I was in my ignorance, were my guardian angels on many occations. And now that I have discovered that I am a witch and have been studying, my familiar, now in dog form, is content with her work on the path that I now follow. Our minds are so in-tuned in fact, that I have to be careful or she will pick up and act on unbridled feelings such as annoyance or anger. During times of fear or sadness in our family she acts as the tender clown trying to cheer us up and make us laugh... She guards and teaches my children to be civalized and yet she can be savage to unwelcome visitors. She has saved my life several times and rescued visiting children once who got stranded on our lake by towing the boat ashore!

Familiars are the most amazing creatures and blessed are those who attract one to their lives. They can direct your household in wisdom and make your magickal projects fly. From what I had learned, growing up in a herd of horses, through this present day, these creatures are not "pets" and demand to be treated with respect and equality as a partner or they will not stay around.

Credit: magic-and-spells.blogspot.com