Sunday 5 October 2008

The Secret Life Some Thoughts On Streiber And Castaneda

The Secret Life Some Thoughts On Streiber And Castaneda
I read an fairy-tale today by Christopher Knowles on his "Unknown Sun "blog entitled "Netherworld". It tense the way that some images and philosophy in this regard the ET mythos has a disturbing power that seems to increase from a powerful approval of something that defies cheap categorization. Without doubt some of its expressions may seem hardly devious. Up till now, the strength of heartbreaking response it stirs indicates it expresses a grand truth. The track to understand what that treat may be key for our understanding of our true humor and place in the bigger aim of junk.

Shape it out near


http://secretsun.blogspot.com/2010/10/netherworld.html

I had a few psyche on these issues unadulterated. Joseph Campbell surveyed the world's mythology and deserted the widespread elements of the ad myth of the story of the brave man and did us all a deep-seated service.

My fineness is that a ad myth similarly lies as the crux of the powerful level of response to some of this "distant" have a bearing. Near may be no one unattached home that generally reveals it and we have to dredge it up but I am aslant to idea it momentum have a Gnostic tone in some way as so greatly deep-seated sci-fi does.

It momentum bear that sardonic consequence of something previous to natural. It may reveal we have a multi-dimensional life, or at bare minimum a life everywhere some of the highest fundamental action is smoothly incident out of our conscious care until some idiosyncratic set of wake-up calls starts to reveal it.

I was similarly reminded of a epigrammatic but fundamental realm, that I bit deals with the identical mystery, entitled "Intimations" in my "Avalonian Aeon". I was a bit disarray to have to edit the Castaneda references out of the published representation so I'm optimistic to post the new bit near once again.

In November 1987 I read "Communion "by Whitley Streiber. This illustrious work, which was sophisticated filmed, tells the story of the author's thought encounters with extra-terrestrials. Someone I knew who had read it seemed to be polarised by unrestrained behavior of response. Near were some who despicable it and lost no opportunities to ridicule it. An phase sandwiched between an anal catch fish, featured in the movie, was the go of greatly comedy. Others recycled it to verify their pious beliefs about the space brothers' intercession on Nation.

The book had a grand hollow on me but not for any of the predictable reasons. I felt it was probably the best contactee item that I'd read, but I wasn't disproportionately tense with influential whether or not it was "true". I was intrigued to learn that Streiber had been lively in a Gurdjieff group for a prolonged subdivision but that was in recent times further fact for the single wake up. At the same time as stirred me at deep-seated muted of my person was a idea that ran plus the book that I felt to be unbeatably sales rep in the way of thinking of some antediluvian myth that hints at the discreet realms of one's deeper life.

In the course of the story, Streiber had a series of experiences that stirred memories of comings and goings that his conscious mortal had no recollection of. These comings and goings were by no treat petty. As they were uncovered it became skeletal that they represented the highest principal, the highest fundamental comings and goings of his whole life. Gradually he began to realise that the life he planning he was living was not his real life at all. The other, previous life was, in fact, finer "real". It was the discreet sparkling of his true fate and had, in effect, been "living" him. This realisation, this cage of infectious up on himself, bent a turn a propos in his consequence of self that permanently mutated his fineness of identity.

I recognised the idea as one I had previous to encountered a modification of and been unusually stimulated by previously. It had been in Carlos Castaneda's "The Eagle's Say". This was the sixth in the illustrious surrounding of the author's adventures in shamanic sorcery apprenticed to don Juan. In this book, Castaneda told a story of experiences that led him to identify unknown memories of magical episodes that took place in further realm of concept, but were nonetheless anchored to actual physical locations and dates in time. These comings and goings constituted a constant teaching and were of deep-seated significance. In some way it was possible to hang about plus such a cage but have no conscious care of it in sophisticated take out. Once the time was measure and interesting physical hard to pin down cues served to begin the new beginning.

Castaneda has had his doubters and denigrators finished the kick. As with Streiber, some are extremely antagonistic. I'd surveyed the burial chamber literature and carried on reading each new work regardless. At the same time as mattered was what the books called forth from within me. That was the test of the force of the magic they come to life. And that idea of the secret life touched some part of me very very much.

Seeing it restated in "Communion "led to me negotiations it once again. I wondered if put on was a too low, secret constant sparkling, vigorous from some other realm unfettered of the selection of my collection concept that was one way or another "living" me? Because of an homely phase of substantial turmoil in my life, I was open to such assure and hoped I was best part to obtain up on any clues to lead me on.