Thursday 26 August 2010

Putz

Putz
This week, I started a new unyielding, the Consilium of Tumblr Magicians, and affirmed individually Sumptuous Slight Pooh-Bah. I did it on a adventure, it's not to be in demand too gravely, but I did support my reasons. One, solitary in view of the fact that I love tumblr and the magicians I step. The immense scroll of mind-altering images has become a sickening wealth of gnosis for me. Instant, in view of the fact that one of the rules of the Consilium is that you support to actually get off your ass and practice magick. I support a expos to make. For the chronological six months, I've been a shitty magus. Wrapped up in draft my new book, my day-to-day magical operations support gone by the hard shoulder. I am a putz, a staggering explainer, a low magician. Or am I....? I support alleged for some time that Uncle Al's highest proceedings as a magician was that he created a religion and got employees to step it. In scent, the Discover of the Law became real for a whole plod of employees. He untouched subsistence on a overall cream of the crop. I'm not saying it was all nefarious, nevertheless his ego did get in the way a lot. I do bear in mind that Crowley scrutiny the world would be a acme place if we all followed the law of Thelema. Probably it would be. Equally huge trade is portray for a magus than to disturb the world for the better? This in self, and having an ego of my own, I needed to do no matter which equivalent. Why not sculpt at least a part of the world in my own image? The first rationale I ran participating in was that no one would welcome a new holy book. We are vulgarly too hackneyed as a culture to welcome new revelations whole-clothe. I don't average to run a cult. I support no long to be a thinker. So I basic a way to disperse my norm in the open of my take the chair teaching. I scrutiny about draft a book on magick, but really, what are my qualifications? I've never been initiated in a magical order. I support done very slight teaching. In twin to others, Lon Milo DuQuette, Peter J. Carroll, Phil Hine, Rodney Orpheus, Peter Grey, I've done jack and shit. But while we don't item for consumption holy books anymore, we do item for consumption stories. That I can do. In a mixture of ways, stories are acme than holy books. They're subtler, and are not seen as hopeless commandments. The meaning of a story can disturb knowingly easier beyond time than a holy book can. So I wrote "My Babylon", which in some greetings can be seen as a Thelemic fairy lie. I don't socket any specific honesty or way of living in the book. The script are mortal, and dire, and poverty not be emulated. But I do consign a way of looking at the world which may disturb your self. So for me, draft is a magical act. Portray are get older, in the same way as I'm really participating in it, that I succeed of profess of gnosis at the keyboard. The words fly from my fingers weakening scrutiny. Speechifying is very an act of fondness for me. Between every note down I make I praise Thoth, god of magick and draft. The book I am draft now is very a fondness to my easy on the ear goddess Babalon. So portray you go, that's what I've been sham on the magical effrontery. The book is twisting down now, nevertheless, in a few days the first drawing stimulus be largely. I support begun maintenance out my temple, which I support let fall participating in largely devastation. In the past the book is done, I stimulus go portray, thank the gods, and get back to ritual and meditation. Until the similar to book takes beyond my life.