Wednesday 2 September 2009

Introductions

Introductions
From now on out this blog will include posts from Amaro, the coven's Messanger to the Gods. This way we will be able to post more often and answer more emails. So here is a little introduction from him.Blessed be,Lady Alice" Merry Meet! I am Amaro, I am 38. I've been studying Wicca since I was 23, I was raised in a Southern Baptist family. I have also studied medicine and holistic approaches to medicine for about 6 years at Emory University.I wanted to start off with posting by helping others with something we get questions about all the time, Astral Projection. It seems that there is a prevailing belief that this is an easy feat to accomplish, when in fact, it is not and can take years and even decades to do. One thing I see Alice working with others on is just the ability to properly meditate without distraction. You must have full control over both your mind and body to be able to reach a state of heightened meditations. Alice usually takes 4 to 6 months of hands on tutoring with students to learn to focus on meditations amid distractions.Meditation is a great tool to use for everything considered mental, but can also be used to focus on the physical. It can be used to sooth headaches, ease stomach pain or upset, I know Alice uses it during pregnancy (her own and for others) to help reduce morning sickness. I use it to pin point an area of discomfort and then to focus treatment on that place either by mental exercises or just knowing where I am having the problem in my body. Many times an area that is hurting can be caused by another place. Learning to meditate and relax can help relieve the area and focus where it stems from.To be able to focus your mind inward and be able to control your own thoughts, mind, body, and soul is required before you can even look to trying astral projections. My next few posts will focus on meditative techniques I have learned and how to use them to gain greater control over your entire being. I look forward to reading your feedback and hopefully it helps someone out.Nvwadohiyadv,Amaro"

Reference: my-spiritual-path.blogspot.com