Saturday 31 January 2009

When Elder Paisios Smacked A Theology Student

When Elder Paisios Smacked A Theology Student

By Inner-city Hierotheos of Nafpaktos

I once visited Blood relation Paisios with a learner of theology who was at a insulting halt. He asked him about his studies. The learner simply told him about a work of his corporate with the invention of man. At one period he told Blood relation Paisios: "At one period God didn't know what to do, so He formed Adam and Eve, to agree His time." I saw Blood relation Paisios with lightning rush raise his hand and gave him a heavy work stoppage. The learner lost it, became weak, he stood swiftly with bulging eyes wavering to be acquainted with what happened, and consequently he began to cry, howling in the same way as a not much child.

Blood relation Paisios was looking at him, not saying whatsoever, and let him cry. Behindhand to a great extent bawling, he said: "Spiritual one, what is this that you said? Work out with me." He took him by the hand, in the same way as a mother with a offspring child, and brought him to the sink and said: "Pure your flank." As a consequence he gave him a become dry to wipe up his flank of the moan and brought him back to his seat. He consequently began with funny side, gentleness and to a great extent love to wonder about his go by, and to say that we requirement not speak about God and His work with tactlessness. With, he even wrote a neutral dedication in one of his books and gave it to him. Unnecessary to say, I followed this general surroundings incoherent and cheerful.

When I would sojourn him, formerly asking his advice on issues corporate with my particularized life, I would ask him about issues I was thin covering with my spiritual children. I told him about a child who was very lively and reactive and asked for an point of view on how to treat him. He replied disarmingly: "Do what a mule driver does with the animal. Anchorage him steadily by the wheel and sit far banned so you don't get kicked."

When I think of my memories of that holy bring into being, I am moved, I unwrap moan and I pray. May we suffer his holy prayers.

Excerpt from the book " - - 1924-1994", 43-44,,.,.. Translated by John Sanidopoulos.